Hypnotherapy can help you
- If you suffer from vaginismus
- Then sex is painful or impossible
- Imagine a life free of this issue
- And the difference this would make.
- It is possible to cure Vaginismus
- Hypnosis and NLP may well help you.
What Is Vaginismus?
Vaginismus is a word that describes an involuntary muscle spasm in the muscles surrounding the entrance to the vagina. When this problem occurs it can prevent penetrative sex, the insertion of a tampon and make gynecological examinations extremely difficult and painful. Although vaginismus is a physiological reaction it is widely believed to have a psychological cause. We treat it as such, and have been successful on many occasions in eliminating this unwanted muscular response using hypnotherapy and NLP.
How Is Vaginismus Caused?
It is believed that there can be a whole host of reasons that this problem comes about. Here are the most common ones:
- Unhelpful beliefs about sex. These can have arisen from many sources such as cultural influences, religious beliefs, parental influence, poor sex education, fear of pain, embarrassment etc.
- Trauma. Vaginismus can arise following rape or sexual assault, as an unconscious ‘protection mechanism’. A similar mechanism can become established if someone has had a painful, embarrassing or clumsy sexual experience, or indeed if someone has experienced pain and embarrassment during a gynecological examination.
- Relationships: Problems, uncertainties, fears or anxieties within your relationship may have caused, or contributed towards your vaginismus.
Primary And Secondary Vaginismus
If someone has always experienced this problem then it is defined as ‘primary’. If someone has developed vaginismus later in life, for whatever reason, it is called ‘secondary’. Both versions are treatable, although someone with secondary vaginismus tends to respond more quickly. After all, they have already experienced penetration without the problem, without the pain.
For obvious reasons, women experiencing these problems will prefer to visit one of our female therapists if possible.